About

This blog is a celebration of novel, novel characters!

I love reading novels, and as an artist I know a great exercise to stretch one's illustration skills is to portray characters from a description in a book. This blog is a challenge to myself to do just that so I'll be posting illustrations from whatever book I'm currently reading. Feel free to add comments and send me your fan art for these great titles too!

Monday, October 7, 2013

An Artful Weekend

This weekend I was a part of an Art Studio Tour here in Wisconsin.  It's an annual event that takes place every October where artists from my region all open their studios on the same day and offer a free map for visitors to come on a self-guided tour.  This was my second year participating, although the weather was bad on Saturday, Sunday was absolutely beautiful!  Here's a link to the tour, mark it on your calendar for next year if you're in the area!  http://www.fallingleavesarttour.com/

My studio is just across from the house in an old grainery.  It's still a work in progress, but the goal is to make it a fully functional studio space!

I had fun displaying some of the illustrations from the blog in the front room, and in the back I had some artwork for sale.

If you'd like, you can check out more photos on my facebook page.





No comments:

Post a Comment